Aurora is on version 1.9.5 C#, available at the Aurora Forums.
Contact Erik on the forum for a wiki account.
Installations are structures which perform a variety of tasks on the colony they are on. planetary and orbital installations can be built by industrial capacity and transported to a different planet with freighters. Some installations require sufficient resources and manpower to operate at pick performance.
Factories will give you a certain amount of build points(BP) on the colony you build them. Factory Production rate can be increased with research. If you intend to build something at your colony, make sure you have a surplus of mineral and wealth.
- Conventional Industry - Pre Trans-Newtonion technology installation. Best upgraded to better installations as soon as possible. Conventional Industry produces a mix of fuel, Industry and Mining. But specialized installations produce more.
- Construction Factory - Used to build every installation in Aurora. A vital need for any colony. Requires 50,000 population per installation. Base rate is 10/year/factory, upgradeable via research.
- Ordnance Factory - Used to produce missiles. Requires 50,000 population per installation. Base rate is 10/year/factory, upgradeable via research.
- Fighter Factory - Used to build fighters. Requires 50,000 population per installation. Base rate is 10/year/factory, upgradable via research.
- Fuel Refinery - Used to refine Sorium into fuel. Requires 50,000 population per installation. Base rate is 20,000 litres/year/refinery, upgradable via research. Refineries consume 1 ton of Sorium per 2000 litres refined. This conversion rate does not change with additional research.
- Military Academy - Generates leaders to command your fleets, ground forces, head research and govern colonies. As well as train ship crews.
- Research Lab - Required to perform research. Requires 1 million population to operate. It has a mass of 500,000 tons, 20 times as much as a normal industrial installation. Base rate is 200 RP/year/lab, upgradable via research.
- Financial Centre - Increases the wealth created on the planet. Requires 50,000 population to operate. Wealth is calculated by wealth technology x population for annual "tax". Financial centres add 1 to this total/year.
- Infrastructure - Infrastructure is used by colonies to support population on bodies with low suitability. Primarily bio-domes with the necessary levels of food, water, and atmosphere production equipment as well as temperature control equipment and radiation shielding.
- Terraforming Installation - Used to modify the atmosphere to a more hospitable type. Requires 250,000 population to operate. Base rate is .001 atm/year/installation, upgradeable via research. It has a mass of 125,000 tons, 5 times as much as a normal industrial installation. See Terraforming.
- Genetic Modification Centre - Needs Biology/Genetics research. Modifies base race into engineered race at the rate of 250,000 per year per centre. New race is subject to riots if it is considered a minority, and an engineered race cannot be engineered again.
- Mine - Manned mines. Require 50,000 population to operate. Base rate is 10/year/mine, upgradable via research. Note: lower than 1.0 accessibility affects the base rate as a percentage, i.e. .6 accessibility mines at 6/year/mine.
- Automated Mine - Robotic mines. Requires no population to operate. Base rate is 10/year/mine, upgradable via research. Note: lower than 1.0 accessibility affects the base rate as a percentage, i.e. .6 accessibility mines at 6/year/mine.
- Mass Driver - Used to launch and catch packets of minerals. Can also be used as large scale kinetic weapons. Each driver can launch 5000 tons.The mass driver provides a less fuel intensive method of moving mine output within the system and to centralized industrial complexes. Input from or to off-world mineral destinations is given on the mining tab with + or - indicating whether the source is importing or exporting the mineral.
- Ground Force Training Facility - Used to train new ground units or upgrade conventional units to TN units. Each facility may train one unit at a time.
- Maintenance Facility - Used to provide support to orbiting military starships; civilian ships do not need maintenance. Requires 50,000 population per installation. Supports 200 tons per facility. Consumes minerals to support military ships proportional to their build cost. See Ship Maintenance.
- Deep Space Tracking Station - Passive thermal and EM sensors. The ground system for sensing approaching fleets. Each station has a base rating of 200. This is upgradeable via research.
- Sector Command - Needs Improved Command And Control Tech. Allows creation of a sector command. A sector governor oversees a number of systems. A fraction (1/4) of his bonuses are applied to each colony under his jurisdiction. This radius is said to be growing as the square root of the HQ's lvl. HQ lvl 1 => radius 1, HQ lvl 2/3 => radius 2, HQ lvl 4 => radius 3
- Spaceport - Allows all loading/unloading operations to complete faster including minerals, installations and troops. Loading time is divided by the level of the spaceport plus one.
- Naval Shipyard Complex - Used to build Naval/Military Ships. Base capacity 1,000 tons. Can build both military and commercial ships. Each shipyard has a number of slips and can build 1 ship per slip. The shipyard is also only configured to build 1 class of ships (though in some cases very similar versions of ships may be built without retooling). Population requirements - 100,000 per shipyard plus 1,000,000 population per slipway. Base building rate is 400 pts/year. This is upgradeable via research.
- Commercial Shipyard Complex - Used to build Commercial Ships. Base capacity is 10,000 tons. Can build only commercial ships. Each shipyard has a number of slips and can build 1 ship per slip. The shipyard is also only configured to build 1 class of ships (though in some cases very similar versions of ships may be built without retooling). Population requirements 100,000 per shipyard plus 1,000,000 population per slipway. Base building rate is 400 pts/year. This is upgradeable via research.
Each item that is constructed requires a build cost equal to the mineral cost. For example, a Shipyard complex requires 1200 Duranium and 1200 Neutronium, for a total cost of 2400. One construction factory will require 240 years at the base rate to complete the yard. Of course, multiple factories will reduce this time. Two factories will only need 120 years for a shipyard.
|Facility Name||Facility Build Cost||Primary Mineral||Additional Minerals|
|Automated Mine||240||Duranium x 120||Corundium x 120|
|Commercial Shipyard Complex||2400||Duranium x 1200||Neutronium x 1200|
|Commercial Spaceport||1200||Duranium x 300||Boronide x 150, Mercasium x 300, Uridium x 300, Corundium x 150|
|Construction Factory||120||Duranium x 60||Tritanium x 30, Vendarite x 30|
|Deep Space Tracking Station||300||Duranium x 150||Uridium x 150|
|Fighter Factory||120||Duranium x 30||Vendanite x 90|
|Financial Center||240||Corbomite x 120||Uridium x 120|
|Fuel Refinery||120||Duranium x 120||None|
|Ground Force Training Center||2400||Duranium x 1200||Neutronium x 1200|
|Infrastructure||2||Duranium x 2||None|
|Maintenance Facility||150||Duranium x 75||Neutronium x 75|
|Mass Driver||300||Duranium x 100||Neutronium x 100, Boronide x 100|
|Military Academy||2400||Duranium x 1200||Tritanium x 300, Uridium x 300, Corundium x 300|
|Mine||120||Duranium x 60||Corundium x 60|
|Naval Shipyard Complex||2400||Duranium x 1200||Neutronium x 1200|
|Ordinance Factory||120||Duranium x 30||Tritanium x 90|
|Research Lab||2400||Duranium x 1200||Mercasium x 1200|
|Terraforming Installation||600||Duranium x 300||Boronide x 300|
The following facilities can be transported. Each weighs 25,000 tons (one Cargo Hold) unless otherwise stated. If a ship with less than that capacity tries to transport a facility, it is automatically broken down into parts of 5,000 tons each and can be transported in several runs or by several ships.
- Research Labs (500,000 tons, or 100 cargo holds)
- Genetic Modification Centre (500,000 tons, or 100 cargo holds)
- Maintenance Facilities
- Construction Factory
- Automated Mine
- Mass Driver
- Fuel Refinery
- Ordnance Factory
- Fighter Factory
- Deep Space Tracking Station
- PDC Component (5,000 tons, or 1 cargo hold)
- infrastructure (2,500 tons)
- Terraforming Installation (125,000 tons, or 25 cargo holds)
Note that shipyards can be towed.
Conventional Empire Start
If you start a conventional empire only the financial Centre, the Maintenance Facility, Infrastructure and Military Academy installation is available until you research the Trans-Newtonian Technology tech.
After you research this technology, you can start to convert your Conventional Industry into, Construction Factories, Fighter Factories, Fuel Refineries, Mines, or Ordnance Factories.